Girls of That Guy
During focus group research, we learned that the short-term social consequences of heavy drinking resonated with the target audience. Additionally, we learned that a primary motivation for our target audience’s drinking is to meet women and have physical relations with them. This presented an interesting paradox and allowed for developing key messaging: That excessive drinking actually inhibits men from meeting women and ultimately reduces sexual performance.
The Girls of That Guy section on the web site through creative design and humorous copy serves to extend the message that excessive drinking makes men an undesirable romantic and sexual partner for women. Visitors will choose from a variety of male and female caricatures who will interact within an animated bar scenario. Through audio recordings of different male and female voices, the male will deliver offensive, belligerent, unsophisticated, or generally offensive pick-up lines only to have the female caricatures retort with intelligent, witty, or sassy replies.
After each female response, one of the facts below will pop onto the screen to demonstrate how excessive drinking inhibits courtship and sexual ability.
Drinking Facts Coupled With Responses
- Heavy drinking dulls sensation and makes it more difficult for men to have and maintain an erection. You definitely don’t want to be THAT GUY
- Even if men can maintain an erection while intoxicated, they may be unable to orgasm or ejaculate. You definitely don’t want to be the THAT GUY who couldn’t “seal the deal.”
- Drinking can make you unaware if you are performing poorly in bed. Many women talk to their girlfriends about sexual experiences—Don’t be THAT GUY who goes down in history as the really bad hook-up.
- Long term effects of alcohol include impotency and decreased fertility. Don’t be THAT GUY, “shooting blanks” by the time you are 40.
- 60% of STDs are transmitted under the influence of alcohol. Giving someone a STD will definitely make you THAT GUY!
- In 67% of unplanned pregnancies, at least one of the sexual partners was drunk. Don’t be THAT GUY who becomes a father by accident.
- Excessive drinking impairs your memory. Don’t be THAT GUY who can’t remember your partner’s name at the critical moment.
- Excessive drinking impairs judgment. You definitely don’t want to be THAT GUY with your foot in your mouth.
- Excessive drinking makes you slur your speech, sweat, stumble, and lose coordination. You definitely don’t want to be THAT GUY when you are trying to be That Stud Guy.
- Excessive drinking can make you aggressive. Being THAT GUYaround girls can get you in trouble.